Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Crossfit Day 36

August 29, Monday
Workout
– I feel tired & unmotivated today. I think the bad foods I’ve been eating over the weekend are making me feel gross. And I’ve been trapped indoors since Friday night due to Hurricane Irene, so I’ve become a couch/bed potato.

WOD – 21-15-9 Reps Hang Power Snatch (32), Ring Dips (blue) for Time. My Results: 8:43 minutes.

I left my cousin’s house an hour earlier to make it into CF on time. Of course, there were tons of traffic & I got lost. *sigh* The 2nd time I really needed GPS, it doesn’t work. I tried & tried to get it working to no avail. It is so frustrating. And my lack of direction skills is making me feel completely moronic. I stopped at a gas station to get a general direction where I should be heading. The gas attendant has no idea. Luckily, a customer pointed me in the right direction. As I am getting closer to my CF, there were tons of closures due to flooding. Argh! I circle around for another 25 minutes & was about to give up, then finally I get through & I arrive at CF 25 minutes late. I hate hate hate being late!!! The trainer was understanding & said they will start the WOD now & I can do my deadlifts afterwards. *whew*

For the WOD, I upped my Hang Power Snatch to 32lb. The 1st time I did 22lb so this is a small accomplishment for me. The extra weight is challenging to me. I will slowly work my way up. I was slow w/ the Ring Dips because I was focusing on my form. My time wasn’t too bad.

Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3. I was able to do: 95-105-115-125-125. My left knee was taking a hit from the deadlifts. It was a struggle w/ 125lb. This is the same weight I did last time so I am okay w/ that.

After the WOD, we did 2x30 GHD Hip Extensions. They make the back of my legs tired, but otherwise, they are pretty simple to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment