Friday, August 5, 2011

Crossfit Day 21

August 4, Thursday
Workout – My legs are majorly sore today. Getting up & walking is a chore. I guess the lunges, box jumps & run this week really did make a difference, huh?!? My arms are sore too from the pull-ups, but I still want to practice kipping & ring dips today. I might be over-doing it like I usually do, so I’m not sure what I’ll be doing yet. Maybe the trainer will create a WOD for today & I can just do that. We’ll see.

WOD – 5 Rounds – 7 HSPU Box Push-Ups, 9 Kettlebell Swings (35lb), 11 Ring Rows for Time. My Results: 8:51 minutes.

I can’t do HSPU (Hand stand push-ups) just yet, so I did the feet on a box push-ups again. They were slightly better today then it was the other day. I am getting the hang of the 35lb kettlebell now & it’s coming easier & I have better balance. The Ring Rows were new to me, so I had the trianer show us how to do them. Since it was our 1st time, we had the rings higher up & our body in a 45 degree angle to the ground. When we advance, we can start by lying on the ground to do them. The first few were pretty easy, but once we got to 5 or 6 of them, they got really hard & my arms really worked for each row. Another girl did the WOD w/ me & she was ahead of me for at least 3 rounds, which I was totally fine with. But I caught up after awhile since the ring rows were really intense on the arms. I wanted to finish before 10 minutes & I was able to do it in less than 9 minutes! Afterwards, I seriously could not feel my forearms for awhile. I was sweaty & sore, but felt great. We worked on some wall balls & I learned to thrust my hits when I throw the ball up which helped so I don’t have to jump to get the ball over the line all the time. This was another great WOD. I am still pretty excited by CF & I’m thinking about signing up for the 3-month unlimited membership after my $45 LivingSocial 1-month unlimited is up next Thursday. I’m planning to come for 4 days next week too, so in the end, I would have taken a total of 25 classes w/ the LS deal which made it totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment