Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Crossfit Day 31

August 22, Monday
Workout – I had a really bad headache the entire day today. It wasn’t a big one but just a small nagging one. I thought maybe it was because I was hungry, so I would eat & eat, but that didn’t help. I really didn’t feel like going into CF today, but I went regardless. Once I started doing the warm-up my headache went away.

WOD – (same as Day 4 on 7/11) 12 minute AMRAP – 9 Kettlebell Swings (35lb), 12 Hand-Release Push-Ups, 15 Box Jumps (20”). My Results: 6 sets + 9 KB swings + 12 HRP + 6 Box Jumps.

We started off w/ 3-3-3-3-3 Back Squats. I was able to do 93lb a few weeks ago, so I was confident I could go up in weight. I did the exercise w/ Desiree. We started w/ 45-65-75-95-105. Yay! I can now do 105lb!!! My next goal is to do 115lb (my body weight). I can’t wait.

Our WOD was a repeat from 7/11, which was the 1st day of the unlimited month of CF for me. I was able to up my weight on the KB swings from 23lb to 35lb & increase the box jump from 18” to 20” this time. And I was able to do a few more repetitions than my 1st go at this AMRAP. My back is stronger now so the KB swings were going pretty smoothly. I am doing my HRP on my knees because I want to keep my body in the plank form as much as possible. I’ll work my way up to a real push-up as I progress. The box jumps are pretty easy for me. I think I may have to increase the height of that soon. Overall, it was a good WOD. My headache did go away while I was at CF, but once I got home, it came back. I think it’s due to lack of sleep since I was out & about all weekend. I really need to catch up on sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment