Monday, October 24, 2011

Crossfit Day 71, Nutrition Challenge Day 12

October 21, Friday
Workout – I’m feeling okay w/ the foods thus far. I like it that I’m making my food & trying out new recipes. It’s actually fun & I love experimenting & finding something that actually tastes good. It’s Friday & I’m looking forward to practicing my front squats. That’s on my list of goals for the end of the year so any practice is helpful.

WOD – Tabata – Row – Ring Dip – Air Squat (20 sec reps, 10 sec rest for 4 minutes for each exercise) My Results: 7 Row + 3 Ring Dip + 14 Air Squats = 24 reps. (Only counted the lowest reps for each exercise).

Front Squat – 5-5-3-3-2-2 Start @ 80% of 1RM & attempt to increase each set. I did 43-54-64-74-84-94lb. I’m happy w/ the Front Squats. I think I am getting stronger, so I’m hoping to do about 105 next time & maybe 115 soon to meet my goal. This is so exciting! My personal best is 96, which I didn’t do this time. We started the WOD w/ one group starting w/ the Row, which I was in the 2nd group starting w/ the Ring Dips. I was doing about 10-12 at the beginning, but then my arms started to get really tired & I ended up doing 7 as my lowest rep, which was still decent. Then off to row. The highest I got was 4 calories, but I ended up w/ 3 as my lowest. Then off to do the Air Squats. My legs were tired from the Row, so my first 2 sets were really low coming in at 15 & 14. The rest of the 4 minute Tabata, I was doing 16 or more. At the 7th set, I was able to do 20 in 20 seconds. I don’t know why I torture myself because only the lowest one counted, but I still pushed myself even until the end. I was still happy w/ my performance though. We finished w/ 2 min Front Plank & 1 min Side Plank (on each side). I was able to hold each one for the full time. I actually like planks because I can do them well. If only my abdominals will show. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment