Friday, October 14, 2011

Crossfit Day 65, Nutrition Challenge Day 4

October 13, Thursday
Workout
– The back of my right shoulder is really sore & the muscle is completely knotted. I think it’s from all the Olympic lifting we’ve been doing. I’ve been trying to massage it on the corner of my cabinet any chance I can get to try to unknot it. Oh I need a massage badly. I’m feeling a bit hungry today but I think it might stem from being bored or when I procrastinate w/ work. I tend to want to eat during those times. I’m trying to refrain from eating during those times, but it’s hard. At least I’m reaching for foods that are good for me instead of unhealthy chips or candies.

WOD –21-18-15-12-9-6-3 Calorie Row, Wall Ball (8lb) for Time. My Results: 18:24 minutes.

T made up the WOD for us, so I did it even though I hate rowing & wall balls. I dread wall balls. I still need to improve on my rowing form. Gawd, it’s so hard for me. I don’t know why!?! Afterwards, we were shown how to do Wall Climbs. You basically lay in front of the wall, push up onto your arms, then start walking backwards up the wall & walk your arms in until your chest touches the wall. It’s a good exercise & it wasn’t too difficult. I practiced more hand stands & I was able to get one really good one. Then, I finally practiced kipping pull-ups w/o a band. I haven’t had a chance to practice in a long time. I tried it & I was able to force myself up!!!! I was able to do it & D was there to see it!!! I was ecstatic. I couldn’t believe it myself. It was so unexpected, but I actually did an unassisted kipping pull-up for the very first time. Ahhh. I thought it was a fluke so I tried again & I got up again! T & others in the gym saw me do it too. It was such a great feeling because I’ve struggled w/ it for 3 months & I’m finally able to do one. Granted I can’t do it continuously. I tried & I was able to do 2 max. I’m not sure if I can do it during a WOD, but I think I’ll eventually try. I left CF feeling absolutely elated!

No comments:

Post a Comment