Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 15 Summary | Nutrition Challenge Day 6 & 7

No weekend work-out.

Results – The Nutrition Challenge has been pretty difficult & it is only the 1st week. I was doing okay for the first few days, but then I was getting the munchies often towards the end of the week. I was able to continue without cheating, but it was hard. Then the weekend came & it is even harder now. V’s family seems to use soy in everything (tofu, soy sauce, shrimp paste has soybeans in it, etc) along w/ corn startch & other ingredients that are not allowed in this Whole30 diet. *sigh* And then going out to eat w/ my family posed a horrible dilemma because everything is carbs – noodles, dumplings, rice cakes, etc. as well as it being stir fried in soy sauce. I was sitting there watching everyone else eat, while I only ate the filling of the dumplings & left the skin for V. My stomach was grumbling the entire time. I brough a Larabar w/ me but it wasn’t enough. Thank goodness V brought me to Five Guys to buy myself a burger w/o a bun, & added the mushrooms, onions & peppers otherwise I would have starved to death. We attended my Crossfit 2 year anniversary party this past weekend & thank goodness the CFers understand a lot of people are doing the Nutrition Challenge or are eating Paleo, so I was able to gorge on most of the foods. I made Lavender French Macarons w/ Honey Vanilla Mascapone, which few like hotcakes. I was ecstatic that they tasted good (well, that’s what everyone told me, I didn’t actually eat any). I decided to go grocery shopping Sunday & do most of my cooking for the week then, so I won’t have to waste my time cooking during the week. I made a bunch of foods: tomato & red bell pepper soup, beef/pork meatballs, roasted red pepper & walnut dip, baked sweet potato chips & fries, Larabars (pineapple, apple pie, fig & banana), & I’ll be making Lemon Pepper salmon this week. I’m excited about trying new recipes that are good for me. At least something good is coming out of this. We’ll see how week 2 of the Nutrition Challenge goes for me. We are now eliminating added sugars of any kind. It’s only Day 8 of this 44 day challenge. Time is going by so slowly…

No comments:

Post a Comment