Friday, October 7, 2011

Crossfit Day 60

October 6, Thursday
Workout
– My shoulder has been bothering me a bit lately. I’m trying to train myself to use it less. I even switched my mouse so I can use my left hand. It’s a little bit of an adjustment & I’m slower w/ the left hand, but it hasn’t been too bad. I’ve been consciously adjusting the position of my shoulder to its “proper” position instead of jutting forward, but it’s hard to keep it there since it wants to go back to what it’s been used to. This is so annoying. Luckily, most of the CF moves don’t both my shoulders; although I do have a big knotted muscle by the scapula from CF. I just want my shoulder to get better!!! *sigh*

WOD – None.
I decided not to do any WOD today & opted to practice rope climb & hand stands. I climbed up the rope halfway & practice getting down. I think that’s the hardest part for me, coming down! I climbed the rope at least 10+ times, but only doing halfway because I was scared to come down all the way from the top. I’ll get the hang of coming down first before attempting all the way. I also practiced getting up to a hand stand on my own. So many ppl were watching (T, R, L, JR, JE, E, Mo…) that it was getting nerve-wracking, but I continued to keep trying. My shoulder seems to buckle when I’m at top, so I must remember to keep my body strong & straight. I was getting the hang out getting into position, but I could hardly stay up in the hand stand for more than 1 second! Towards the end, I was getting sloppy, so I decided to leave after being at CF for nearly 2 hours. Now that’s dedication!

No comments:

Post a Comment