Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Crossfit Day 57

October 3, Monday
Workout
– The WODs have been getting progressively more difficult & challenging, which is a good thing, but I’ve been getting super nervous about them at the same time. I hate being nervous but I don’t think it will go away anytime soon.

WOD – “Ant’s Bday WOD” 27 Double Unders, 27 Dumbbell Squat Clean & Thruster (45/25 20), 27 Double Unders, 27 HandStand Push Ups (box push up), 27 Double Unders, 27 Kettlebell Swings (70/53 44), 27 Double Unders, 27 High Box Jumps (30″/24″), 27 Double Unders, 27 Calorie Row, 27 Double Unders for Time. My Results: 24:02 minutes.

Oh this was a horrible horrible WOD. At the 1st set of DUs, I was the absolute last person to finish them out of ~12 ppl! I was horrified because I was doing them in the corner by the white board so I saw everyone else finish & start the next exercise. I struggled w/ the DUs for a bit, & then towards the end, I was able to do at least 10 in a row w/o an extra jump in between. I was quite proud of myself because I was never able to do that before. I’m definitely getting better at them. The db squat cleans & thrusters were killers because you have to squat down, touch your db to the ground, come into a clean, & then squat down again to go into the thruster. Those really burned. The box push ups were ok, though tiring. The KB swings were difficult. My 1st time using 44lb & it was HEAVY! I was resting after doing 3 reps because I got so winded from them. I am good w/ the high box jumps so I had no issues w/ those. I was surprised I wasn’t the last one to do the row. I was slow but I finished them because a few others. And the last DUs, I was going through them a lot faster than I’ve ever done them. I’m excited about them. I want to practice more so I can do more reps & get even better. When I finished, I just dropped to the ground to catch my breath. It was a tough WOD. I told Ant why he couldn’t have turned 15 instead of 27 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment