Thursday, September 22, 2011

Crossfit Day 50

September 21, Wednesday
Workout
– I still get super nervous before a WOD. And the longer the trainers take to get us started, the more nervous I get. Grrrr…I hate being so nervous, but I think that’s the beauty of CF. If you don’t get nervous, that means you’re not really challenging yourself anymore. My body has been sore this entire week, especially after the kb swings & box jumps. My right arm is still bruised up from the double unders. At least all the HIIT (high intensity interval training) is really working muscles that I wouldn’t normally use & that is why I’m always sore. It’s a good sore. I like it.

WOD – “Nasty Girls” 3 Rounds 50 Air Squats, 21 Pull Ups, 21 Ring Dips, 10 Hang Power Clean (42) for Time. My Results: 17:15 minutes.

The air squats were pretty easy. I get into a low squat & I just bounce up. The pull ups started out ok. I alternated w/ the ring dips half way to rest my arms a little. It worked pretty well until the last round. The pull ups are always difficult for me. I always have a feeling I’m not doing the hang power cleans properly, so I’m trying to be more aware of my form. I stayed w/ 42lb because I think any higher & I’ll definitely lose my form. Afterwards, we did 4 minutes plank. I was determined to stay upright as long as possible w/o rest. I did 3 minutes straight until my abs gave way. I rested 15 seconds, & then was up for the last minute. I’m proud I did 3 minutes straight! Others were impressed too, so it was awesome. I’ll aim for the total 4 minutes next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment