Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Crossfit Day 48

rudie2shoes vs double unders
Winner: double unders

September 19, Monday
Workout
– I am extremely sore today. I’m not sure if it’s from last Friday’s WOD or if it’s from the 2.5 hours of Pilates I did this weekend, but whatever the cause, I’m SORE! My hips, thighs & glutes are tight. I have a suspicion it’s from all the squats & lunges I did last week @ CF. I am dreading today’s WOD. I hate double unders. They are the bane of my existence (that & burpees & wall balls & pull-ups & toes to bar and and and…).

WOD –50 Double Unders, 5 Pull-Ups (purple & red band), 40 Double Unders, 10 Pull-Ups, 30 Double Unders, 15 Pull-Ups, 20 Double Unders, 20 Pull-Ups, 10 Double Unders, 25 Pull-Ups for Time. My Results: 18:21 minutes.

We started w/ Back Squats today. 3-3-3-3-3. I did 65-85-95-105-110lb. 110lb is my personal best thus far. I felt like I could have done at least 115lb so I think that will be my next goal. We started the WOD & I struggled a bit w/ the double unders. I had to take my shoes off, yet again, to do them. I would get a good 10 or so in, then struggle w/ one for the next 10 tries. I kept whipping myself on the arm too. The 5 pulls ups were decently easy, but as the numbers increased, the more I struggled. The next few rounds of double unders got easier as the numbers went down. The last 2 sets of pull-ups (20 & 25 reps) really got to me. I would do 5, then 2, & then start doing 1 & rest, then 1 more, then rest. It took me forever, but I finished them the best I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment