Thursday, September 1, 2011

Crossfit Day 38

August 31, Wednesday
Workout – I am so dreading today because I’m afraid I’ll get lost or have major detours yet again. I can’t do 1.5 hour drives just to get to CF. I mean I am dedicated & all, but it’s getting ridiculous! I left work an hour early & had mapped a different route to CF. It was looking like I was going to be early, but then I hit more road blocks & flooded roads. I finally got to a flooded road but cars looked like they were okay crossing it, so I went through as well. I had to close the windows because the water was flying up on both sides. I had to go through 2 flooded roads in order to get to CF & I was early. Thank goodness. Too bad the water did something to my car & I now experience weird chugging noises coming from my car. I hope whatever water got into my car dried off so it’ll be okay again. *sigh* I can’t win can I?

WOD – “Irene” dedicated to Hurricane Irene – 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Thrusters (32lb), Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (32lb), Burpees My Results: 17:52 minutes.

This is the 2nd time I’m doing thrusters & they get tough. I stuck w/ the same weight I used the 1st time. The Sumo Deadlift high pulls weren’t too difficult, but the burpees are just annoying. I really do hate them. By the time I got to the 8 repetitions set, I was exhausted & wanted to quit. I think I felt like I wanted to puke too, but I continued. I was dripping w/ sweat throughout the WOD. It was definitely a tough one. We were assigned 50 Toes to Bars to do after the WOD. I actually did 25 real Toes to Bars!!! I can’t believe it. I was so ecstatic w/ myself. I mean sure, I was slow w/ them & I can only do 1 at a time & need to rest in between but I was able to do real ones!!!!! I practiced Hand Stands too w/ the help of Desiree & Kristen, but I wasn’t able to hold it for long. My head keeps slamming against the wall & my arms want to bend. I still need much more practice w/ them.

No comments:

Post a Comment