Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Start of Month 3 - Crossfit Day 43

September 12, Monday
Workout
– I am tired today. I haven’t been sleeping well because I’ve been going to bed late reading “Snow Flower & the Secret Fan.” I know I should get more rest so that I can do work & work-out more efficiently, but I am weak when it comes to reading a good book. I am dreading today’s WOD because it requires 1000m row & I am absolutely horrible at rowing. I’ll just have to do my best.

WOD – 1000m Row, 50 DB Thrusters (45/30), 40 Pull-Ups (blue & purple band), 30 Burpees for Time. My Results: 19:58 minutes.

We started off doing Overhead Squats. I stayed w/ the 22lb bar because any heavier & my knees start to turn in & my upper body doesn’t cooperate. I was able to do more than I have ever done before. My upper body still needs to get stronger, but I am slowly getting there. There were 10 ppl tonight so we split into 2 groups. I was in the 1st group w/ 6 girls. The trainer actually showed me what I was doing wrong at the beginning of the row so I kept trying to use what he showed me & I felt like I didn’t fatigue as much as I did before. I have to extend my arms out & then bring it back in before my knees go back in. I will have to keep practicing. I was the last girl to finish the rows. But I still finished them in a little over 5 minutes so that’s still good for me. The DB thrusters weren’t too bad after the first 25, but then it got heavy & tiring. I rested after 3-5 repetitions so that I could finish. I was the 1st to finish those, then onto the pull-up bar. I was able to do 4-5 at first, & then it dwindled down to 1-2. The last 11 took me a long time to finish. I did one, & then had to rest. Lastly were the burpees. I sure do hate them. I did them slow & steady & was able to do 15, then I was tired & things went slower from there. I was crawling part of the way, but I kept my eye on the clock. I wanted to finish them before 20 minutes & I was able to do that! Haha It’s the little things that matter to me. Afterwards, we did 3x15 Reverse Hypers. I did 3 sets of 10s, then 1 set of 15s. They were tough & require you to use your butt & hip muscles. It’s a new machine so I’m sure w/ time & practice, they will be easier to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment