Monday, January 23, 2012

NEAC Workout | Nutrition Challenge Day 4

January 19, Thursday
Workout – I will go check out the local gym, New England Athletic Club, to see if there’s a class I can take tonight. I always want to try out something new!

I worked on my Front Squats at the NEAC. I started w/ 45-55-65-75-85-95-105-115lb. I couldn’t do anymore. That’s already my PR, I wanted to see if I could do more. I wasn’t able to lift any heavier, but in time I think I will be able to. I also did some kettlebell swings, sit ups, planks, double unders & stretches for an hour. At 6:30pm, I took the Body Pump class. It’s produced by the BeachBody (P90X, Insanity) group & I wanted to see what the hype was about. I thought it wouldn’t be challenging for me, but my butt got kicked. The instructor told the newbies to start w/ a lower weight, so I went w/ 10lbs. Wow, did that 10lbs get heavy fast. The class is not about heavy weights, but lots of repetitions, so you do get a really good workout. There were parts where I was getting really tired. We don’t do reps like these at CF. The bicep & overhead parts were the hardest for me because of my shoulder issue, but otherwise, it went pretty well. I think it’s a good class for women to take since many do not do any weight training. I doubt I would take something like this again though considering I already do CF & that totally kicks my butt everytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment