Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crossfit Day 108 | Nutrition Challenge Day 9

January 24, Tuesday
Workout – Oh boy, today’s WOD sounds incredibly hard & long. I am so not looking forward to it, but at the same time excited to go in today! The Nutrition Challenge has been going ok for me. It’s a little easier this time around since I know what is expected & what I can/cannot eat when I go out to restaurants. It’s hard to control myself & I still tend to overeat, but I also know my metabolism is pretty high so that whatever I eat, I tend to get hungry pretty quickly soon afterwards. It’s only Week 2, so I have a long way to go. I weighed-in today & I am 116.8lb w/ clothes on, so I am back to my original weight when I did the first Nutrition Challenge back in early October. I still think the “loss” of 3lbs from the last challenge isn’t really accurate. They didn’t consider that women’s weight tends to fluctuate monthly (when we get our periods) & for those that retain water during that time of the month. Also, I weighed myself around 6pm both before & after the challenge. If I had weigh myself when I woke up, I tend to be a few pounds lighter. There are lots of inaccuracy that should be considered, but they are not. I am doing the challenge to try to control myself w/ food & am slowly trying to not overeat especially when I’m already full. On another note, JR noticed my arms are looking cut up & I think I agree. I’m not sure when or what happened, but I didn’t notice this last week. *shrug* Nevertheless, this is a very good thing!

WOD –5 Rounds Row 500m, 40 Double Unders, 30 Mountain Climbers, 20 Kettlebell Swings (53/35), 10 Toes To Bar For Time. My Results: 29:07 minutes.

I was right, this WOD was completely insane. I started & ended the WOD w/ exercises I do not like, nor do I do well with. Again, I was the last person to finish rowing. But I definitely caught up w/ everyone when I did double unders. I think the rope I used helped. I whizzed by those w/o any issues. For the first 3 rounds, I did 2 attempts to finish my 40. The last 2 rounds, I did 4 attempts to finish. One of the rounds, I messed up after 1 jump, & then I did 39 in a row. I am getting much better at double unders & it makes me proud! The Mountain Climbers are killers on the legs, but then went by ok. I did ok w/ KB swings too. But I struggled w/ Toes to Bar. It took me probably a minute just to finish 10. I will have to work on Rowing & TTB from now on because those are keeping me from getting a better time.

No comments:

Post a Comment