Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Crossfit Day 102

January 10, Tuesday
Workout – The legs took a beating from the front squats, so my quads are all sore. I think I should get use to this feeling of soreness from now on. The WODs have all been pretty difficult & challenging, which is good because my body has not gotten used to this at all, even after 6 months of beating. I thought I was getting a bit tired of CF, but I was wrong. I am still pretty motivated by CF & just being in there w/ the camaraderie I feel w/ my fellow CFers makes the WOD that much more bearable.

WOD –25 Double Unders, 5 Deadlifts (83lb), 15 Burpees, 50 DU, 10 Deadlifts, 15 Burpees, 75 DU, 15 Deadlifts, 15 Burpees, 100 DU, 20 Deadlifts, 15 Burpees For Time. My Results: 19:15 minutes.

This WOD was pretty brutal. I struggled badly w/ the first 25 Double Unders. I was messy & I didn’t get even 1 for the longest time. People were already doing their 50 double unders when I finally finished my first 25. It was completely & utterly frustrating. I was ready to quit, but I honestly would never do that. I finally found my groove when I hit the 75 DUs. It took me long enough to warm up. Sheesh. I was trying to catch up & I actually did, so I’m happy about that. Although I know I could have done better, I at least didn’t quit & continued & kept working hard at it. It’s been over 3 weeks since I’ve done DUs, so it was to be expected. Next time I will need ample DU warm up time so I don’t go through this frustration again. We finished by doing 2 minute side planks on each side. Those were a killer to my abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment