Monday, January 23, 2012

Crossfit Day 106 | Nutrition Challenge Day 2

January 17, Tuesday
Workout
– I had forgotten to mention that we started yet another Nutrition Challenge as of yesterday. We are doing the Primal Blueprint. It has all the same restrictions as the Whole30 except that it starts from the very first day. *sigh*I’m in CT for training this week, so I decided to contact a local Crossfit box to see if I can drop in for a WOD. We’ll see how that turns out.

WOD – 4 Rounds 1 min Box Jumps (20”), 1 min KB Swings (35lb), 1 min Rest for Reps. My Results: 46+41+43+42 = 172 Reps.

I got a bit lost heading to Crossfit Religion, but finally got there. I missed out on the 5:15pm class, so I had to wait for the 6:15pm class. Of course, no one shows up for the 6:15pm class. The owner (Russ) did the WOD w/ me. He first showed me some stretching exercises, & then showed me the Turkish Stand Up, which uses a small kettlebell. It was interesting. I practiced my double unders & got warmed up. It was pretty cold in their box which is a warehouse sharing space w/ a boxing group & another group. The cold air wasn’t too good to my lungs, but I still did pretty decently. The trainer’s total was only 5 more than mine.  I practice jumping off the box instead of walking down, which made the process much faster, but it also tired me out a bit. I will try that in my own box. It was a very different experience from my box, but it was cool just to check it out. They have a very small number of members (~25) & the owners only do this part-time, so it’s understandable.

No comments:

Post a Comment