Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 18 Summary | Nutrition Challenge Day 27 & 28

November 5, Saturday
Workout – We went hiking up in Harriman, NY. It wasn’t a rough hike, but it was still a good workout. It was a little chilly, but we warmed up pretty quickly. We only did 2 hours since daylight is getting shorter & shorter now that Fall is here.

November 6, Sunday
Workout – None.

Results – I haven’t noticed anything significant in on my body. I only went to CF 2x this week & I wasn’t in a really motivated mood either. I think I had too many days away from CF & it made me a tad lazy. The Nutrition Challenge has been going ok. It’s been easy during the week when I make my own food, but the weekends have been killing me. I’m starving more & more as we go out to eat w/ friends. I hate it. I get extremely grumpy & my face gets really hot (almost to the point of feeling like I’m getting a fever), but that could be due to low blood sugar & increase blood pressure to my face when I’m hungry. I hate that feeling. I hate watching other people eat while I sit there w/ barely any foods to eat. There are so many restrictions w/ this diet that I know I will not be able to keep up w/ it after I’m done w/ the 44 days. However, at least 3 people have commented to me that my skin has gotten better/clearer. It has been 4 weeks on the diet, so it might be a result of the diet, which is one of the pluses. Once the challenge is over, I will have to slowly add the items back into my diet (carbohydrates, sugars, dairy, legumes, etc) to see which item I should not have too much of so that I can keep my skin clear. Well, at least one good thing came out of this challenge. And the fact that I do love cooking & trying out different & healthy recipes. We don’t always have to add flour or sugars to everything to make it taste good. There are alternatives to everything if only we make an effort to search for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment