Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Crossfit Day 78, Nutrition Challenge Day 29

November 7, Monday
Workout – I’m feeling unmotivated today. I seriously think I’ve been away from CF way too long that I don’t even really care to go back. I think (hope) it’s just mood swings. I’ve been pretty good about cooking over the weekend so I’ll have food for the work week, but again, the weekends are absolute killers for me. I hate sitting there & watching others eat while I munch on nuts or bananas. It’s such torture. I shouldn’t even go w/ them, but sometimes I have no choice. This Nutrition Challenge is driving me bonkers. It’s the 5th week now & I think I’m nearing my breaking point, but I’m trying to keep strong & continue w/o cheating.

WOD – 12 minute AMRAP – 9 Kettlebell Swings (35lb), 12 Hand-Release Push-Ups, 15 Box Jumps (20") for Time. My Results: 6 sets + 9|12|4 box jumps.

Back Squats 5 sets of 3 reps starting at 80% 1RM. I was able to do: 78-93-103-113-123lb today. It was not my best (135lb) but I didn’t feel like I could handle anymore today. The cold weather is making me take forever to warm up so my body is still cold. If it were warmer, I think I would have been able to do 135lb again. I’m still happy w/ my back squats though. My goal for the 12 minute AMRAP was to do at least 6 sets, which I was able to do. The 1st set took me 1:30 minutes, so I estimated my time will only increase as I fatigue, so 6 sets would be a good goal. I wish I could have finished the 7th set, but I got as close as I can. The hand-release push-ups take a lot out of me. The kb swings & box jumps went smoothly. I practice a few kipping pull ups afterwards. I can do 2 in a row, but I’m hoping I can continue to get a few more in a row w/ more practice. I finished w/ 60 GHD Sit-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment