Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Crossfit Day 9

July 19, Tuesday
Workout – My hips are slightly sore today from the GHD hip extensions. We went right into the WOD along w/ the 5:15pm class (I went to the 6pm class), so there were tons of ppl today.


WOD –20 minute AMRAP – 7 Ring Dips (blue band), 11 Box Jumps (20”), 15 Kettlebell Swings (26lb). My Results: 9 Sets + 7 Ring Dips + 11 Box Jumps. Totals: 70 Ring Dips, 110 Box Jumps, 135 Kettlebell Swings.

It was an intense WOD. I cramped up on the Ring Dips again (after ~5th set) & had to massage it out on my right shoulders. My left shoulder got stiff towards the 8th set. 7 Ring Dips at a time is much more doable than 15 (as in a previous WOD). I used a higher box for the Box Jumps this time & I did decently on it. I did almost trip once towards the 9th set because my legs were nearly failing me. Thank goodness I didn’t hurt myself. I thought the kettlebell would be decently easy, but the more I did it, the harder it became, while keeping good form. After the workout, I tried out the Toes to Bars move. I’ve never done one before so I struggled. You are hanging on the pull-up bar, then you force your feet up to touch the bar. I was not able to do it, but one of the other girls (Carly) told me to try reaching my knees up to my elbows first, then try my feet to elbows, & then work my way up to toes to bars. Leo told me to keep my arms wider on the bar so I don’t swing all over the place. I was able to get in a few knees to elbows in a fluid motion, but it’s really straining on my arms. I still need to work on getting them stronger. This will be a challenge for me, but I’ll keep practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment