Monday, July 25, 2011

Crossfit Day 12

July 22, Friday
Workout – We reviewed the OHS (Overhead Squats), then we did 5-5-5-5-5 Overhead Squats one weight across all 5 sets. I tried the 22lb bar & was unable to really do a OHS properly. My right knee turns in to balance myself as I get into the squat position. My shoulders/arms are tight, so when I attempt to squat, my arms come forward & I lose all balance. Pat, the trainer, says I need to work on my flexibility & to practice w/ the PVC pipe. So in the end, I was unable to do the 5 sets.

WOD – 10 minute AMRAP – 5 Hang Power Snatch (22lb), 10 Wall Balls (10lb). My Results: 7 sets + 3 hang power snatches.

The Hang Power Snatches weren’t too bad. You start at the hang position (middle of your thigh), then you push yourself up from the knees, shrug your shoulders & get your arms under the bar quickly to catch the bar overhead. Your arms stays straight, knees still bend & then you finish by straightening yourself up. After doing 5, we head to the Wall Ball. I used the 10lb ball & it was heavy for me. I do not like the Wall Ball for some reason. We squat down w/ the ball overhead, & then when we get up from the squat, we thrust the ball above passed the blue line. I always have to jump/hop a little to get the ball above the line. The whole movement is just so exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment