Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Crossfit Day 14

July 26, Tuesday
Workout
– I feel better today after a good night of rest. I’m more alert & awake during the day. But, once I got to Crossfit, I was sluggish & yawning the whole time when I was doing my stretches. I think I should have eaten something before going to work out. We started out going over the mechanics of the Clean. We start off mid-shin like we do w/ Dead Lifts, then we slowly straighten our knees a little so that we are mid-thigh, in a Hang position. There, we jump & shrug our arms up, pull up w/ our arms & get arms/elbows underneath the bar in the Clean position. The bar is now resting on your shoulders & you go into a squat. Then, you straighten your legs to finish. This move is very tiring. I was able to use only the 33lb bar. I didn’t want to hurt myself but pushing myself too much. We did 3-3-3-3-3 (5 sets of 3 at the highest weight we feel challenged by).

WOD – 7 Rounds for Time – 5 Hang Power Cleans (33lb), 15 Hand-Release Push Ups. My Results: 7:32 minutes.

I tested out doing 44lb w/ the Hang Power Clean but it was too much for me. I had no control of the bar or myself when I tried it, so I stayed w/ the 33lb bar. I will work my way up eventually. I thought the Hand-Release Push Ups were really going to take a toll on me, but I was able to get through them w/ no issues. I was all the way in the back so I only focused on the wall or closed my eyes while I did the push-ups. I was pretty fast w/ the WOD. I was the 2nd person to finish (after a guy), but I also used the least amount of weight on my Hang Power Cleans. I think I will try 44lbs next. We did 3x20 GHD Sit-ups afterwards. Those were a killer & made me super light-headed & tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment