Friday, July 29, 2011

Crossfit Day 16

July 28, Thursday
Workout – I had a brain fart & thought I had to be at the gym at 6:45pm, but it was actually 6pm! Oh no, I was pretty late. I got there by 6:30pm. Luckily, they were doing a Benchmark WOD & they were doing it in 2 groups. I just made it in time to do the WOD w/ the 2nd group. I still feel like a jerk for being late. Where is my mind lately? I think I haven’t caught up on enough sleep so I’m been daydreaming & procrastinating at work lately & it’s messing w/ my head.

Benchmark WOD (need a judge) – 10 minute AMRAP – 5 Burpees then jump up onto 45lb plate, 10 Box Jumps (20”), 15 Wall Balls (6lb). My Results: 4 sets + 5 Burpees + 1 Box Jumps. Total: 126.

How nerve wracking it is to have a judge watch you every step of the way. If you don’t touch the ground on the bottom of the burpee, it doesn’t count. If you don’t extend your hips out jumping onto the 45lb plate or the box jump, it doesn’t count. If the ball doesn’t pass the 10ft line or if it doesn’t touch the wall or if your butt doesn’t touch the ball on the floor before you go up for a wall ball, it doesn’t count. I’ve been repeatedly frustrated w/ the wall ball exercise. It gets me every time. The squat & jumping to thrust the ball to the wall is tiring & it drains me of all energy. My judge was pretty motivating all along the way. He kept pushing me to do a few more in before the 10 minute is over & counting down my repetitions so it helped. I felt so completely out of shape! Plus I didn’t get a chance to really warm up so that probably didn’t help either. Well, I looked at other people’s results & I did decently well. I wasn’t at the bottom & I’m definitely not at the top, so all is good w/ the world again. I hope in a month I’ll be able to do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment