Friday, July 29, 2011

Crossfit Day 17

July 29, Friday
Workout
– I feel pretty good today. They were still doing Benchmark WODs, so I did another WOD that Pat (the trainer) made up. It sounded pretty intense but I figured it was either that or practice something else, so I did the WOD.

WOD –1000m row, 40 Hand-Release Push-Ups, 60 Jump Squats, 30 Kettlebell Swings (35lb), 400m run for Time. My Results: 15:00 minutes.

I did the row in a little over 5 minutes, which was faster than I thought I’d do. I thought I would be extremely tired from it since we did the 500m row on Wednesday & I was huffing & puffing. But I also did that after the “Helen” WOD which was really exhausting. The hand-release push-ups weren’t too bad. This was the first time I did the jump squats. They do take a lot out of you since you have to end the squat w/ a jump, but I took little breaks in between & was able to finish them. I had more control of the kettlebell swing this time around & I was able to do them more consistently. And finally the 400m run. I’m at my most tired & I have to go outside to do the run. It was hot & humid outside & it started to rain when I was halfway through the run. The rain actually revived me & kept me going. Afterwards, I practiced toes to bars. I think I’m getting better at it, but I still need more work getting my toes completely to the top of the bar. It was a hard WOD, but I’m glad I’m continually challenging myself. I don’t think my body will ever get use to this, but I think that’s the whole point of Crossfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment