Monday, July 19, 2010

Coconut Cuppies & Pumpkin Spice Cuppies

I made these for my friend's joint Bachelorette/Bachelor's party in Atlantic City, NJ.
Coconut Cuppies w/ Coconut Buttercream Frosting & Toasted Coconut Flakes
Pumpkin Spice Cuppies w/ Pumpkin Buttercream frosting
I'm surprised they lasted the trip down from NYC to Atlantic City & they were perfectly fine the next day as well. I haven't really travelled long distances w/ cuppies & frosting much, so it was an experiment for me. I also imagined in my head the frosting will melt pretty quickly since it is made w/ butter. Luckily for me, they made it okay & many happy mouths gladly ate one or two or 5! That makes me very happy!

The vanilla cake w/ infused w/ coconut milk as well as the frosting. The coconut & pumpkin frosting was my own creation from experimenting. I haven't made either of the frostings again but I really need to write them down so I can re-create it again. Lesson learned. Both cuppies turned out fluffly & moist & were delish.

Tasting Panel:
BF: Loved the cake. Preferred the pumpkin since it was denser yet still moist. He ate about 4 or more as well.
K: Claimed the coconut was the the best cuppie she's ever had. She ate about 6 (I lost count) & grabbed 2 to bring on the ride home, but she said she doesn't think they will even make it into the car.
K's hubby: Loved the cupies & kept insisting I start my own bakery.
Bachelor: Loved the coconut cuppies. Have been telling me to make these again.
Bachelorette: Loved the coconut cuppies.
S: Ate 2 after gambling really late. Wanted more but wifey warned him not to eat too many. He has been asking for more coconut cuppies ever since. None of my other baked goods compared to the coconut cuppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment