Thursday, June 17, 2010

French Macarons

After trying over 10 times to bake the perfect French Macarons, I was finally successful. I was ecstatic when I saw the "feet" developing in the oven. I nearly woke up my drowsy bf to come take a look at the oven. He reluctantly went upstairs to take a look. He fell asleep before the final product came out. *sigh*
Oh, these made me so happy. Too bad I haven't been able to replicate my results again. I've failed a few more times since then, so I may have to dig deep into my memory to remember all the steps I've taken for the successful batch. I brought these onto my trip to Maui, Hawaii. Mr. Munkie was being naughty & stole a few.

Tsk tsk, Mr. Munkie caught in the act of reaching for yet another French Macaron.

These were plain Almond macaron shells with a fig buttercream filling. They were delish. You don't have to take my word for it, Mr. Munkie couldn't stop himself from eating them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment