Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Crossfit Day 8

July 18, Monday

Workout – Another week of self-torture at Crossfit. We first went over Deadlifts & practice w/ a weight that we were challenged by. I used a 35lb bar w/ an extra 20lb of weights added. So I did 55lbs for Deadlifts. 7-7-7-7-7 – We did 5 sets of 7 reps at the weight. It was definitely tiring & I was feeling strain on my arms.

WOD –21-15-9 for time – Dumbbell (15lb each hand) Push Press & Jerks and Burpees. My Results: 10:59 minutes.

The 15lb dumbbells in each hand were heavy for me, but I was able to do the Push Presses into Jerks w/ them. It was hard for me to keep my arms straight & slightly behind my head due to weak/inflexible shoulders, but I kept trying to get better form. It was getting really heavy towards the end of the 3 sets. The burpees are pretty annoying since you have to go down on the floor, touch your chest to the ground, get back up & jump. They get tiring. I was definitely sweating to this WOD. Afterwards, I did 3x20 GHD hip extensions & 3x20 GHD sit-ups. I also practiced the kipping motion. The trainer showed me how to do it & showed me what I was doing wrong. So once my legs are swinging forward, I push my arms away from the bar, & then thrust my hips up while pulling up the bar w/ my arms. I was finally able to do one kipping pull-up (w/ the red band)! Yippee! I practice a few more, but I need to work on the timing. Now that I know what I’ve been doing wrong, I can actual practice the right technique. I’m hoping to get better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment