Thursday, July 28, 2011

Crossfit Day 15

July 27, Wednesday
Workout – Again, I feel really nervous before going to Crossfit. I think I want to poop just thinking about it. *sigh*

WOD – “Helen” 3 Rounds for Time –400m run, 21 Kettlebell Swings (35lb), 12 Pull-Ups (Blue & Purple Band). My Results: 13:19 minutes. Finisher – 500m row. My Results: 2:33 minutes.

I knew the 400m run would kill me. There’s an uphill section when we run towards the stop sign around the parking lot & it’s a killer. I’m always struggling to go up, but I was able to do it in a little over 2 minutes. 400m equates to approximately 1/4 of a mile, so me finishing the whole “Helen” workout meant that I ran 3/4 of a mile, 63 kettlebell swings & 36 pull-ups in 13:19 minutes. I estimate that I would have run 1 mile in about 10 minutes which pretty fast for me normally. I upped the weight of the kettlebell for the 1st time & it was a killer. The 35lb bell is 30% of my body weight, which was rough because it was swinging me instead of me swinging it! I struggled w/ it but I’m glad I used it. The pull-ups weren’t too bad w/ the blue & purple bands. I still didn’t do the kipping motion since I feel like it takes more out of me. Until I get more comfortable, then I’ll start doing it. I think I might take the purple band off next time I do pull-ups. I was exhausted by the time I was done w/ the WOD. I could barely move my forearms because they were so tight. After the WOD, we had one more exercise to do. We finished the day off w/ 500m row (sprint). It was a gruesome 500m row, rowing as hard & fast as you possibly can. I felt ready to puke during the row. I did it w/ the 1st group & I was the last (out of 5 ppl) to finish at 2:33 minutes. I was okay w/ the time because it took a lot out of me to finish. I never knew rowing could be so tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment